I have to thank Joel Runyon for the concept of an Impossible List. It’s not a bucket list, because I will not wait for retirement to act out the formative elements of my life.
The “impossibility” of these goals taunts and challenges me to actually complete them.
- Live like a local in ten countries.
New York City, USA Dubai, UAE Rome, Italy London, UK Sylhet, Bangladesh
- Havana, Cuba
- Marrakesh, Morocco
- Rio, Brazil
- Madrid, Spain
- Delhi, India
Visit 10 countries. Visit 15 countries.Visit 20 countries.
- Own places to live in at least five countries. (Parents’ homes don’t count.)
- Own an island.
- Get a six pack
Run a 5K.Run a 10K. Run a marathon.
- Learn to meditate
- Flooding of Green Lake, Austria
- Floating Lantern Festival, Thailand
- Running of the Bull, Spain
- La Tomatina, Spain
- Rio Carnaval, Brazil
- Write and publish a novel
- Give a TED talk
- Create a billion dollar company
- Give away a billion dollars
- Start an education revolution
- Speak 8 different languages
English French Bengali Hindi Urdu
- Javanese (It’s not a typo.)
- Learn to play the guitar.